DMM Fitness and Nutrition believe fitness is a lifestyle, not a “Get fit quick” gimmick. Our philosophy is that what you put into your body is just as important as how you work it out.
“Been Healthy is not about the weight you lose but about the LIFE you gain”
We offer Private, Group sessions, wellness coaching and more
Here’s what you can expect:
- Helping you figure out how hard to work during exercise and how to monitor your exercise intensity
- Using different tools (such as a heart rate monitor or activity tracker) to enhance your workouts
- Provide Educated Advice
- Teaching you how to get the most out of your workout, while also making sure you don’t overdo it
I’m a busy Mother to 3 kids and an Army wife. A carb lover turned fitness and nutritional coach.
In 2012 I had a wake-up call when my then seven-year-old son challenged me in a race up the stairs. I couldn’t believe I wasn’t able to do it without a lot of huffing and puffing in the end. I was depressed and devastated by how out of shape I was. On that day I made the decision and the promise to myself and my family to do something about my health and fitness!
With a combination of healthy eating and a strict exercise regiment, I was able to change my life and achieve my fitness goals. I was never a person that liked vegetables and like so many of us, I really enjoyed eating high carb foods. So what did I do? I took the first steps to getting healthy by modifying my diet. I started incorporating more vegetables, mainly greens. I moderated and carefully watched my sugar intake and fat consumption. I minimized “unhealthy” carbs and started working out. I participated in my first 5km, 10km, and half marathons around my local community. I got out and moved!
My journey was not an easy one. But once I saw the results of all my hard work, I knew I was on the right path and there was no turning back. Thanks to these little changes I lost 50 pounds in a period of six months and I was able to get in the best shape of my life.
Now, some years later, I’m ready to help you achieve your fitness and nutrition goals. It’s never too late to get healthy or get the body you want.
- University of Puerto Rico: BS Athletic Training, 2001
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist in Progress
- IDEA Personal Trainer Institute, Alexandria 2019 (Participant)
- IFA Aqua Fitness Instructor, 2018
- NASM Senior Fitness Specialist, 2018
- AFPA Holistic Nutritionist Provider, 2017
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor 2016
- Qualified Suspension Training Course TRX, 2016
- ISAA Personal Trainer, 2013
- RED CROSS First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
“Doris is wonderful. She knows when to push me to the next level or when I need time to recover. And I love being able to workout all online. I wasn’t sure at first if it would work but Doris is amazing and is able to ensure I’m in the correct position and getting the most from my workout, and I’m getting results. I have lost weight and much stronger. Really glad to have Doris as my trainer. my Yoga Mat. The size is perfect, and the quality is excellent. It’s a delight to use!”