I’m a busy Mother to 3 kids and an Army wife. A carb lover turned fitness and nutritional coach.
In 2012 I had a wake-up call when my then seven-year-old son challenged me in a race up the stairs. I couldn’t believe I wasn’t able to do it without a lot of huffing and puffing in the end. I was depressed and devastated by how out of shape I was. On that day I made the decision and the promise to myself and my family to do something about my health and fitness!
With a combination of healthy eating and a strict exercise regiment, I was able to change my life and achieve my fitness goals. I was never a person that liked vegetables and like so many of us, I really enjoyed eating high carb foods. So what did I do? I took the first steps to getting healthy by modifying my diet. I started incorporating more vegetables, mainly greens. I moderated and carefully watched my sugar intake and fat consumption. I minimized “unhealthy” carbs and started working out. I participated in my first 5km, 10km, and half marathons around my local community. I got out and moved!
My journey was not an easy one. But once I saw the results of all my hard work, I knew I was on the right path and there was no turning back. Thanks to these little changes I lost 50 pounds in a period of six months and I was able to get in the best shape of my life.
Now, some years later, I’m ready to help you achieve your fitness and nutrition goals. It’s never too late to get healthy or get the body you want.
- University of Puerto Rico: BS Athletic Training, 2001
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist in Progress
- IDEA Personal Trainer Institute, Alexandria 2019 (Participant)
- IFA Aqua Fitness Instructor, 2018
- NASM Senior Fitness Specialist, 2018
- AFPA Holistic Nutritionist Provider, 2017
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor 2016
- Qualified Suspension Training Course TRX, 2016
- ISAA Personal Trainer, 2013
- RED CROSS First Aid/CPR/AED Certified